Northern Fir Beard Oil and Conditioner

| Posted by Trevor Williamson

Northern Fir Beard Oil Barber


While 90% of the growth work is a compliment of genetics, and the remaining 10% of perfection depends on your grooming behavior. It’s like my Uncle Ben always said, “With a great beard comes great responsibility.” (Or something along those lines.) But in the growing world of beard grooming, that’s easier said than done. 

You’ve probably noticed a market saturated in several different beard oils, and while there’s no definitive guide to the best beard oil on the market (even though I know for a fact it’s this one), there is a foolproof method to figuring out what’s the best beard oil for you. 


Before investing in any type of product you should always check the label and read the ingredients. That goes double for anything you ingest or apply to your skin.  My rule of thumb is, “If you can’t pronounce it, you probably don’t need it.” 

A lot of skin and haircare products overcomplicate things by introducing a multitude of ingredients that actually do more harm than good, and when it comes to your beard care, simplicity is key. Your beard oil should be just that, quality oil. 


The last thing you want to do is find out you’re allergic to your beard oil after you’ve already applied it to your beard/face. To avoid having that little mishap, I recommend applying a dime sized amount of oil to the back of your palm or forearm and massage it gently over the area. If you experience redness, hives, or any other signs of inflammation you’ll definitely want to start exploring your other options.

Northern Fir Beard Oil Ingredients


Body chemistry can be a critical factor in your beard oil experience, in that the scent what I mean is the smell while in the bottle may not be the same scent you get once applied. You’ve probably noticed this before when buying cologne, and the same applies when selecting your oil. 

I’ll spare you the lecture on fragrance and body chemistry, and just leave you with the parting advice to test your scent on your person before making your purchase. 

NOTE: Technically this is impossible with a lot of online retailers, so definitely check return policies when shopping online, or reach out to the company’s customer support for any assistance. 


So now that your oil of choice has passed the last three tests, it’s time for the final exam. The ultimate way to assess your beard oil compatibility is to put it on your beard. 

If you’re going to have a healthy relationship with your beard oil, it’s important that you like the way it treats your beard. The oil ultimately conditions your facial hair, and works to balance the moisture of both your beard and the skin underneath.

You’ll feel a subtle difference in your beard at first application, and it’s only going to get better from there.

Post Comments

Leave a comment

All blog comments are checked prior to publishing